NEWAL wants to encourage further exploration of ideas that emerge at Schools for Water & Life, from other activities of NEWAL or other ideas which aim to address water-related challenges.
NEWAL Project Grants 2022
NEWAL launched the NEWAL Project Grants 2022 in order to give the opportunity to develop a practical project. The two main applicants had to be students at Swiss and West African academic institutions who participated in the NEWAL Winter School 2022.
Six projects applications were accepted and fully funded (click to download factsheet):
- «Improve sanitation and hygiene in Liberia», Liberia, Siator Christiana Tamba & Festus Bohlen
- «Delivering Safe, Sustainable Water Sources in a Community», Liberia, Whendi T. Smith & David F. Fallah
- «Management of Sawdust waste as a compost for Mushroom production», Ghana, Enyinful-Andoh Gideon & Amihere Antoinette
- «Co-composting Fruits of Mucuna prurines and municipal organic solid waste to Improve Plant Nutrient Quality for Soil Amelioration», Ghana, Priscilla Badaweh Coffie & James Kumah
- «Eco-sanitary impact of pesticide use for irrigated rice production in the Loka watershed in Sakassou, Côte d’Ivoire», Ivory Coast, Kouame Jean-Paul Konan, Nour Ghalia Abassi, N’da Dorgeles N’dri, Hermann Paul Doh
- «MSc Thesis: Suitability of the modified Bardenpho process in faecal sludge supernatant treatment», Ghana, Lena Xue